Katie Sutherland-Finch | |
UC Berkeley | Women’s Varsity Softball Berkeley, CA Student Athlete, Pitcher August 2013- May 2017
- Dedicated 20-30 hours weekly to team meetings, weight-lifting, conditioning, nutritional advising, and performance preparation, including team and individual practices, in preparation for Division I competition.
- Received The Donna Terry Softball Scholarship (2015, 2016, 2017), awarded to softball student athletes who has shown success in the classroom as well as on the softball field by achieving a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Selected by coach to monitor academic progress for a group of teammates throughout the semester, as well as teaching them skills to ensure their academic success. (2016, 2017)
- Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention (2015, 2016, 2017) ● Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week (February and May 2015)
Graduated from Berkeley with Bachelor of Arts, Interdisciplinary Field Studies Major
- Original thesis, titled Construction of the South African Segregation Era: Afrikaner and British Relations
- GPA : 3.32
As a senior, was named a High school All-American by MaxPreps Led Glencoe High school to a 2nd place finish in the 6A State Championships Finished senior season with a 26-2 record, 373 strikeouts and 0.65 earned run average Also named to First Team All-State and named the Pacific Conference Pitcher of the year as a senior and a junior As a junior was awarded the Betty Grayson Memorial Award for Outstanding Career in Youth Softball Was named to Second Team All-State as a sophomore Led her high school to a Conference championship all four years As a freshman, aided Glencoe High School to win the Oregon 5A State Championships Four year Honor Roll Student Member of National Honor Society